Williamstown Racecourse Station
In April 1885 the shortest railway line in the colony was built to service the then Williamstown Racecourse. The line branched off the Newport to Geelong railway line near where the Mobil Refinery is located and stopped just north of Kororoit Creek along Racecourse Road. The line was 1.1 km or 0.7 miles long and was opened just in time to service the Williamstown Racecourse Easter race meeting on 6 April 1885.
The station consisted of an island platform with run around lines either side – a total of four tracks and a signal box. The line to the station was extended to Altona Beach in 1888 and electrified in 1920 as part of the Melbourne suburban electrification scheme.